Title Of Album: Synergy
Year Of Release: May 18, 1999
Label: Stretch Records
Studio/Live: Studio
Genre, Style: Jazz, Fusion
Type, Quality: mp3, CBR 320 kbps
Total Time: 68:59
Total Size: mp3 - 157.64 MB

Drummer Dave Weckl gained such a cultlike following playing with Chick Corea's Elektric and Akoustic bands in the 1980s that he could probably release an album of solo wood-block tapping and have it sell enough copies to make the effort worthwhile. So it's a pleasant surprise that Synergy is a decidedly group effort that thrusts the varied compositional talents and versatility of Weckl and his bandmates to the forefront instead of merely showcasing the leader's drum chops. Not that Weckl has been letting those chops sag; his solo percussion odyssey "Cultural Concurrence" and his ferocious soloing over the Latin groove of the title track are enough to give air drummers everywhere a workout. But what makes Synergy more listenable than some of Weckl's other efforts is the inspired group interplay that finds him and his longtime touring ensemble--saxophonist Brandon Fields, keyboardist Jay Oliver, guitarist Buzz Feiten, and bassist Tommy Kennedy--locking in on grooves that push beyond his normal jazz-fusion terrain. From the West African feel of "High Life" to the Cajun-tinged "Swamp Thing" to the swanky James Brown funk of "Wet Skin," Synergy is an inspired and varied outing

http://i031.radikal.ru/0901/a1/e144990cf7a4.jpg

Song title:
1. High Life - 7:49
2. Panda's Dream - 5:23
3. Swunk - 4:51
4. A Simple Prayer - 4:55
5. Cape Fear - 6:56
6. Wet Skin - 6:13
7. Synergy - 7:15
8. Where's My Paradise? - 4:54
9. Lucky Seven - 5:58
10. Swamp Thing - 5:24
11. Cultural Concurrence - 3:26
12. Tower '99 - 6:07

Dave Weckl - drums
Brandon Fields - tenor & soprano saxophones
Jay Oliver - keyboards
Buzz Feiten - guitar
Tom Kennedy - electric bass

Код:
jazz, fusion, drums, Band, jazz-fusion, keyboards, guitar, weckl, fields, oliver, feiten, kennedy, Stretch Records